08 September 2006

Valour in the Living

The people I have spoken most about on this site have given their lives for their comrades and their country and for the people of Afghanistan.
I have to say, though, that I really admire the courage of the soldiers in OP MEDUSA who, even when the Ramp Ceremony was going on the other day, were going back into combat against the bastards who had killed their friends.
I have gone into harm's way, armed because the threat level said I should be as I boarded an oil smuggler in the Persian Gulf. No one shot at me. I don't know what I would have done if they had. These guys do though. They did their jobs. I think and I hope I would do the same. They have no doubt.
I would love to celebrate their courage by name but to put that here would open their families to harassment by people who use moral equivalency to side with the enemies of these brave souls. God Bless you all, soldiers and your families!